Sunday, April 1, 2012

Playing Saint

It was a plain Monday when my phone rang, an unknown number appeared and being my suplada self I didn't answer the call. Few minutes after, I received a text message saying that she's from ABS-CBN and she needs three guys who can act for a Matanglawin episode. (Dundunduuuuuun! This calls for a "job") At first I didn't even understand how and why I was contacted but beacuse I love this kind of task, I gladly accepted the challenge. I tried to reach my orgmates and friends and luckily, I was able to get three talents needed for the taping.

The following day, when the shoot was about to start, one researcher informed me that I'm going to be taped too! They're lucky I brought my acting skills with me, or else. LOL.

So there, I played saint, literally HAHA. I was St. Teresa of Avila, the levitating saint. Let me share with you how I floated for a couple of seconds.


I had to be pulled up from a tree as the director shoots my feet and the ground READ: We had to repeat it a couple of times for the different shots and angles. They were amazed how strong my arms are (thank you dancing for making that possible). I had to bear the pain it brought afterwards, though. The lack of stretching and warming up made my arms immovable for days. 

Despite the body pain it caused me, the taping was a happy experience. I met good and friendly people, learned a lot from them and most of all, I was able to forget life's toughness even for a while. 

Until next time! ;)
________________________
Please watch Matanglawin's Lenten Episode on April 8, 2012, 9:30 am on ABS-CBN! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment