Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pan de Amerikana: A Masterpiece in Marikina City

I grew up in the City of Marikina and being away from that city for almost 8years, I still call it home. I don't know how it happened but one fateful day, the roads led Jigs and me to Marikina. I've been wanting to bring him there and show him places I'm sure he'll love but surprisingly, I was the one who was brought to a place I loved (even at first sight).

After grabbing our lunch in that shala SM Marikina, Jigs asked if I know the place where a famous cafe restaurant is. Unfamiliar with the resto's name, I said no. Good thing we're bored and I have my laptop with me, we were able to google it. So there, with my Marikina City map in my head, we were able to reach this beautiful place! 

Pan de Amerikana Marikina Branch facade
photo from their multiply site
 The place's basically an art gallery-chess themed restaurant. As what I told Jigs, "parang nilagay lang nila lahat ng massight nilang anything, pinagsamasama tas yehey! may restaurant na!". Yes, it seems like they just put everything together and amazingly, it looked good.
Just look at this old kalesa inside the restaurant! 

Pan de Amerikana's interior
How can I ever wash my hands with those super cute colorful jars? :D
Another beautiful thing in this place is that you'll never get bored! You can spend the whole day here eating, reading your favorite book, surfing the internet (they have free wifi), sleeping (they have super comfy duyans), chilling on their tree house or playing chess. There are a lot of relaxing activities you can do there!

Swing.. Swing..

Gonna climb the tree house! It closes at 5pm. 
And then... there's the hanging bridge! :D Yaaay!
We also played chess. :) Guess who won! LOL. :D

 We left the place before six with our happy hearts and full tummies! Their food were great and in an affordable price! They serve the best (and very huge) pandesal at only six pesos each! (I bet you, it's really big!). As much as we want to try all of the food listed in their menu, our bodies couldn't handle it anymore. So we're planning to come back, bring our friends to share the experience and try all the food! I'd also love to visit their Katipunan branch! :D

Jigs and Jhei-- Love on Top... of the tree. :D :D

photos are by Jigs Tenorio
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pan de Amerikana's Address:
(MAIN BRANCH) #92 General OrdoƱez Corner Maroon St. Marikina Heights, 1800 Marikina Heights, Philippines








No comments:

Post a Comment