Sunday, November 20, 2011

A confession of a secret spy (From my Tumblr)

POSTED ON TUMBLR: October 12, 2011 (Wednesday)
I still watch cartoons. Whenever I turn the TV on it’s automatic, Channel 50 (Disney channel on our local cable) or sometimes channel 49 (Disney Junior). I still find entertainment and happiness through these cartoon shows. I feel the best vibes through out the day just by singing/dancing songs from these shows. Yeah. I am 19 years old. In less than a month I’ll be bidding goodbye to the teen-number sequence. I still don’t get it! How can a kid be stuck inside this turning-20-year-old body?!
Maybe because I grew up with these cartoon series. It’s just a hard habit to break.
image
These are Julio and Julia: Ang kambal ng Tadhana (Twins of Destiny). Back to the time when there was still no foreign channels on our television, these siblings were the first cartoon characters I knew. I can’t remember their story but I can recall that I had a pair of slippers with their faces, left is Julio, right is Julia. Each time I can’t find the other half of the pair, I’d shout: “Nawawala si Julio/ Julia!” depending on which part was lost. 
image
She’s Heidi. She lives in the mountains with her grandpa. When I started pre-school, this is the TV show I watch. I can remember how I drag whoever fetched me from school just to get home in time for Heidi. And right now, as I type these words, the theme song is playing in my head.
image
Of course! Princess Sarah! This cartoon series had been replayed 315 million times but I still watch it!
image

The Little Lulu show! I watch this TV show when I was in first grade. :) Dunduuunnn the theme song’s playing again in my head. LOL.
image
The day is saved! Thanks to the Powerpuff girls! Ten ten tenenenen! I memorized all the episodes I guess. I can even draw them! My third grade notebooks were full of powerpuff girls drawing. :) 
image
I think I felt “kilig” for the first time because of Judie Abbott :) If given the chance, I’d like to watch it again! 
image
image
Kim Possible and Totally Spies! Reasons why I want to be a secret agent! and EHEM. Hot secret spy. :D :D
image
Now, during my college years, I watch Dibo: the gift giving dragon. I often watch it with my niece. We sing and dance along with the songs in the show! So fun! :)
image
And yeah. For the record! Phineas and Ferb! How could I not love them? They’re too adorable! :D
These cartoon shows were just to close to me, from my childhood to my adolescent years that I can’t pull them out of my system. I still get late in school because Upin and Ipin’s episode is way too cute and I want to finish it.
Though my mom scolds me for being so child-like, I still won’t let go of this cartoon habit. In some ways, these shows are my grown-up happy pill and I think I’ll watch them till eternity. :)
*photos from google images

No comments:

Post a Comment